I would like to provide for a few updates around the parish:
1) We received great news that Father Frank Mulranen will be re-joining the parish family beginning on June 21. Please welcome him back to Visitation when you see him. I know a lot of people are excited to have him back and this is a great blessing for our parish.
2) The 8th grade retreat went very well - a big thank you to all the people who organized it and ran it so smoothly. Also thank you to the 8th grade and the CYO for the new rock garden at the corner of the school. Feel free to stroll down and check it out. Our 8th graders had a lot to deal with this as we all did but they have been wonderful in their last year at school and are gearing up to leave us soon. Pray for them please.
3) Our Parish May Crowning is this Monday, the 24th, at 6:30 PM. Please join us as we honor our Blessed Mother. There will be a BBQ after as well!
4) New CDC regulations are coming out pretty regularly that we need to address. At the end of the month, the ropes on the pews will be coming off and people will be able to sit where they like. We will still be sanitizing the church after each Mass. In regards to the masks - regulations have come out stating that people who have been vaccinated are now permitted to not wear masks inside or outside. We will follow those regulations. The choice to get vaccinated or not is a complicated one and a personal choice for people. I ask that everyone be understanding of where each person’s personal choice and respect and love one another regardless. My preference is always, always on the side of safety and caution and so I would prefer it if everyone continued to wear masks in church but, again, it will not be a personal choice for everyone. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
5) We have begun an “Increased Giving” program in our parish and you will hear more about it and be receiving mail soon. I simply ask for your prayerful thoughtfulness and generosity as you have always supported this parish family.
May the Lord give you His Peace!