Love our second reading from Saint Paul today. He is most likely writing this letter from jail for spreading the Good news and writing to the people of Philippi. He has every right to be down on the world around him but isn’t.
‘I know how to live in humble circumstances;
I know also how to live with abundance.
In every circumstance and in all things
I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry,
of living in abundance and of being in need.’
The secret of his life - the secret of being filled with joy even in the middle of being in need of being hungry or being in prison - I to rely on God in everything. ‘I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.’
Saint Paul does not treat his faith as some sort of magic pill. He doesn’t say, “well, I need my faith in God now, so I’ll take it out and use it”. Faith in God isn’t something to be used for this but not for that. It is a simple, underlying reliance on the Father through Jesus, in the Holy Spirit, in the depths of our soul. All things are possible for God, and for us, if we but humble ourselves into His life, death, and Resurrection.
1. Please take a baby bottle after Mass today to support the unborn. The pandemic may have upset our normal way of living, but babies are still being born and tragically, babies are still being aborted. We cannot be Catholic and be pro-choice. God is life itself - and to stand against life means standing against God. Agencies who work tirelessly to promote life are in great need of our assistance. Please support life.
2. Live-streaming capabilities will be up and running soon in the upper church. Please consider helping us run the live-streaming during Mass on Sundays. Contact Mary Pat at the rectory, 610-539-5572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The electronic sign will be fixed soon. We will be able to share information with the local community as to the wonderful events going on at Visitation BVM parish and to share the good news. Thank you to the anonymous parishioners who generously donated a great deal of money to fix this sign.
4. Thank you to those who have signed up to help water the newly planted areas around the church. Please consider helping us with this. Sign-up at https://signup.com/go/ypXRLsY. Also thank you to those who signed up to place flowers at the Our Lady of Life Grotto. Please contact the rectory office to sign-up for a week. (610-539-5572)
5. Join us for our Parish Mission this Sunday - Tuesday.
6. Pray for our first Communicants this week as they will receive First Holy Communion next weekend.
Thank you for your continued support of our Parish. May the Lord give you His peace.